Spiritual feelings are good and necessary but they are not enough; they need to be completed and complemented by spiritual knowledge. We have much to gain by learning the laws and knowing the processes which the World-Mind has imprinted upon the cosmos. Otherwise we are likely to violate those laws or interfere with those processes through ignorance. The result will then be suffering and unhappiness.§It is Man's true business in this world to discover his real self and to ascertain his relationship to the surrounding world. His mind will then shine with the Secret glory of human nature and his life will come into harmony with the cosmic order and beauty.
- Meaning, purpose, intelligent order
- Ultimate ``rightness'' of events
- Nature of the World-Idea
- World-Idea is ultimate determinant
- Uniqueness, non-duplication
- On the ``why'' of ``creation''
- Universe as emanation of Reality
- Paradox, duality, nonduality
- Opposites constitute universe
- Cyclic unfoldment, reversal
- Spiral movement of universal flux
- Man more than animal
- Divine essense of Man
- Purpose of human life
- Glimpsing the World-Idea
- Co-operating with the World-Idea
- World-Idea guides evolution
- Evolution's goal is not merger
The Notebooks are copyright © 1984-1989, The Paul Brunton Philosophic Foundation.